This 3 day comprehensive training course is ideal for anyone wishing to become qualified as a first aider. It covers a wider range of subjects than covered by the Emergency First Aid at Work Qualification. It provides delegates with the skills and knowledge required to deal with first aid situations in higher risk workplaces. The course is assessed through a multiple choice question paper, practical observations and verbal questions. Successful completion results in a Qualsafe Awards certificate valid for 3 years.
Subject matter includes, and is not limited to:
- Responsibilities of the first aider
- Primary survey
- Recovery position
- Bleeding and minor injuries
- Secondary survey
- Major injuries
- Anaphylactic shock
- Major illnesses
- Incident management
- Head injuries
- Unconscious casualty management
- Bones, joins and muscle injuries
- Eye injuries
- Regulated qualification
- Meets HSE requirements
- 6 x 3 Guided learning hours (21 hours over 3 days)
- Valid for 3 years
- Certificate wallet size qualification and course book included
- Assessed by MCQs and practical observations
- Group bookings for up to 12 deliverable on site at your business.
- Content can be tailored to your workplace subject to a consultative workplace needs analysis.